Cord Civil were awarded the contract for the Cotter Road Upgrade Stage 1 in 2012 with the project completed in the second half of 2013.
The scope of works included:
• The duplication of the road between Dunrossil Drive and Lady Denman Drive.
• Bus priority lanes installed at the intersections of Cotter Road with McCulloch Street and Lady Denman Drive
• The upgrade of the existing signalised intersection at McCulloch Street to include bus priority measures.
• On-road cycle lanes in both directions
• Replacement of the Lady Denman Drive/Cotter Road roundabout to a signalised T-intersection
• Traffic calming measures on McCulloch Street in Curtin include three raised pedestrian crossings.