New & Current Projects | October 2017
Cord Civil is currently working on the Dickson Bus Station – Civil Construction Project. These works include:
• The extension of Cape Street between Challis Street and Northbourne Avenue and works associated with the Bus Station;
• Concrete pavement and structural slabs to protect existing utilities
• Pavement for Bus Station platforms
• Signalisation of both ends of the Bus Station (Challis Street and Northbourne Avenue)
• Provision of appropriate landscaping and infrastructure for the Bus Station
• Widening of the verge and relocation of traffic islands in the Cape Street/Badham Street intersection and associated protection and relocation of utilities.
• The U-turn facility for buses on Northbourne Avenue at Murdoch Street comprising of kerb realignment and construction of storm-water pits.
These works are due for completion in the middle of 2017 | more images
Cord Civil was awarded Sullivan’s Creek Cycle Path Crossing – Package 2 in 2016. The works involved the construction of a new wombat crossing and widening of the existing path at Goodwin Street and upgrades to the signage and street-lighting at De Burgh Street. These works will allow pedestrians and cyclists safe crossing of these highly trafficked roads. This upgrade will aim to provide an improvement to public safety, pedestrian and cyclist movements and to improve the travel time along the busy shared path.
The Goodwin Street works involved ;
• the closure of Goodwin Street
• removal and demolition of existing road pavement;
• construction of a red oxide 200mm wombat crossing;
• construction of pram ramps;
• widening of the shared path either side of the crossing;
• protection of trees;
• installation of new street-lighting
• line-marking and signage
The De Burgh Street works involved ;
• removal, modification and installation of signage for the crossing
• trimming of trees to improve sight lines
• street-lighting upgrade and improvements
• upgrade of line-marking and crossing piano key markings
Works were completed in late 2016.
Relocation of Existing Sewer Main Downer
Cord Civil was awarded the Relocation of Existing Sewer Main Downer in 2016. The scope of works for the contract included but was not limited to the following:
• Construction of sewer using boring
• De-energising of electrical lines
• Construction and modification of new and existing sewer maintenance holes
• Connection to and disconnection from existing sewers
• Temporary diversion of existing sewers to complete the works
• Temporary traffic management
• Protection of existing assets and trees
• Reinstatement of verges and footpaths
• Adjustment of existing services
The works are completed in late 2016.